Upper Limb Musculoskeletal Pain: Pathology and Treatment with Acupuncture and Osteopathy
The Mazzanti AcuOsteo Method®
What will you learn
- Detect somatic dysfunctions and treat them.
- Use Muscle and connective secondary channels.
- Combine and needle-specific acupuncture points.
- Use cupping therapy and bleeding protocols.
- Review the pathophysiology and diagnosis of pain in TCM and Osteopathic medicine.
- Understand the crucial role of Muscle and Connecting Channel: functions and treatment methods.
- Translate theory into practice through the practical approach of this course and a step by step guidance from diagnosis to treatment.
This course aims to enable practitioners to easily apply Acupuncture and OMT to Upper Limb Musculoskeletal (MSK) Pain.
Frequent reasons for consultation with acupuncturists and osteopaths are Upper Limb Pain. Many of these result from Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus tendonitis, long head of the Biceps tendonitis, lateral and medial Epicondylitis, radial and ulnar styloiditis, and extensor tenosynovitis.
In my experience, Acupuncture and Osteopathy are two types of medicine providing effective treatment modules with a synergistic effect in treating MSK pain. Acupuncture restores the local circulation of Qi and/or Blood, inducing analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects and myofascial relaxation. Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment (OMT) aims to bring joints back to their physiological position, reduce pain and motion restriction, and help identify the channel that needs to be treated with Acupuncture.
The practical approach of this course, including orthopaedic demo videos with a model and a skeleton showing the physiology and pathophysiology of the limbs, makes it possible for practitioners to use these methods in their daily practice. Enjoy a step by step guidance from diagnosis to treatment and translate theory into practice.
The following course covers the following topics:
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist MSK pain: description of Orthopedic tests.
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist MSK pain in Acupuncture: etiology, pathophysiology and diagnosis and treatment with acupuncture, bleeding, and cupping.
- Muscle (Jin Jing) and Connecting (Luo) channels: pathways, functions, and treatment methods.
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist MSK pain: diagnosis and treatment with Acupuncture using distal, local, adjacent, etiological and general points (the order of needling is listed).
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist MSK pain in Osteopathic Medicine: tests for the primary somatic dysfunctions and recommended OMT.
- Learn the Mazzanti AcuOsteo Method®: Acupuncture and OMT to treat shoulder, elbow, and wrist MSK pain.
This course is approved by:
Disclaimer | Before You Purchase
Accessing Your Course
After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.
The course is always available for you, as long as you have an internet connection.
To watch your course, simply log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.
We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.
CEU/PDA/CPD requirements need to be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.
Members of NCCAOM & Florida, need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. Look for our email after the completion of the course.