Traumatic Stress: Management of Physical & Psychological Trauma with Acupuncture
What you will learn
- Expand your understanding of the psyche in Chinese medicine.
- Discover the consequences of a traumatic event from both Chinese & Western perspectives.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the human defense mechanisms: Jing Jin and the “Body Armours; Luo Mai; the Eight Extraordinary channels.
- Feel comfortable with different acupuncture strategies for the management of PTSD.
- Help your patients to transform, releasing retained energy and re-structure the belief system.
Traumatic stress, or a shock reaction, is a psychological condition arising in response to a terrifying or traumatic event, inducing an acute and strong emotional response and may develop into a condition known as “PTSD” (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
In the management of acute or chronic traumatic stress with Chinese medicine and acupuncture, the aim is to release the retained energy mass from the level where it is trapped (Wei-Blood-Jing), to bring the event into consciousness (Shen) and to re-structure the belief system (Cultivation of the Mind).
This course has been produced from materials filmed at TAO. The TAO Congress is an international congress organized by OGKA and held in Graz, every year around September.
This course is approved by:
Wonderfully presented and very very informative.
Wonderfully presented and very very informative. Dr. Montakab addresses and answers issues and questions that have come up in my 20 years of working in the Chinese Medicine world (I was an RN for 20 years previously) that weren’t touched upon in my initial TCM training. As you grow as a practitioner in TCM/CCM you continually become informed about what you don’t know and hence you are always growing as you seek the answers. Dr. Montakab’s very comprehensive lectures makes this process enjoyable and rewarding.
I could not quit till I finish it
very interesting subject and very interesting teacher. I could not quit till I finish it. 2:00AM. The English is easy to understand. I am a french student. would recommend it. *****