The Beginning of Life
Energetics of Pregnancy and Embryological Development
By taking this course, you will
- Identify the ten stages of embryonic development as described in traditional Chinese texts, and explain their significance in the constitution of a living being.
- Analyse the dynamic progression of each month during pregnancy, relating it to the dominant meridians in the mother’s body and the alternating dominant Elements in the fetus.
- Explore classical texts on gestation and fertility, gaining insights into and understanding the meaning of essential expressions like “tiangui” and the arrival of fertility.
- Evaluate fetal development and the mother’s influence, with a focus on identifying specific channels in the mother and corresponding Five elements in the fetus for each month.
- Apply knowledge to support pregnant women effectively.
The embryo develops in 10 stages, which the traditional texts describe as phases in the constitution of a living being. The pregnant woman, aware of the innermost movements of blood and qi, protects herself from the risk of imbalance and supports the development of her child through appropriate behaviour in her activities, her diet, her thoughts and emotions.
In this class, we will look at the dynamic proper to each of the 10 months of pregnancy as they are presented in the traditional Chinese texts; we will study the relationship with the succession of the dominant meridians in the mother’s body and the alternation of the dominating Elements in the fetus. Then we will look at some classical texts on the gestation and at some basic pathologies.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Disclaimer | Before You Purchase
Accessing Your Course
After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.
The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.
To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.
We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.
Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.
Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.