Revolutionizing Healing From Traumatic Stress
Integrating Chinese Medicine with Neurobiology
What you will learn
- Develop titrated treatment plans that unfold care at a manageable pace.
- Recognize trauma physiology in survivors and develop treatment plans that don’t overwhelm them.
- Interview trauma survivors using techniques that support accessing their core regulation and don’t require them to re-live their trauma.
- Discuss how PolyVagal Theory can inform the important role of healers in building safer neighbourhoods and communities.
- Compare and name the 5 Steps of the Self-Protective Response with the Five Elements of Chinese Medicine.
- Describe the Laws of the Tao, Yin and Yang, and the Five Elements in restoring balance and regulation in trauma survivors.
- Discuss the impact of incomplete protective responses on whole-body balance and regulation.
- Recognize the critical importance of our inner regulation as our primary tool when serving trauma survivors.
- Discuss approaches that build dynamic coherence between systems as foundational for working with trauma survivors.
This program explores acupuncture and Chinese medicine as the perfect modality for treating survivors of traumatic stress. Vibrational illness meets vibrational medicine! Recent advancements in understanding the neurobiology of traumatic stress over the past two decades have significantly transformed mental health treatment for trauma spectrum disorders. Integrating these modern scientific insights into our acupuncture practice can greatly benefit our patients by informing our needling techniques, clinical interactions, and symptom interpretation.
Traumatic stress casts its shadow across every facet of our being — our mind, body, and spirit. To navigate its transformative path, we must transcend the limitations of language, placing our trust in the innate wisdom of our bodies to rediscover equilibrium and harmony. Symptoms, in this context, serve as beacons guiding us towards a process that fosters the restoration of core regulation and the reestablishment of holistic balance.
This program harmoniously weaves polyvagal theory with the Five Elements as our guiding framework for a profound exploration of complex trauma. This includes understanding:
- The pivotal role of regulation within the Kidney/Heart axis, which serves as a reflection of the dynamic interplay between the Dorsal and Ventral Vagus and the Water and Fire Elements.
- The enduring effects of a freeze response on the Earth and Fire Elements.
- The nurturing of mobilization responses that safeguard and fortify ourselves and others, aligning them with the prevailing threat level within the Sympathetic Nervous System/Wood Element.
Here’s a chance to observe a straightforward yet potent intervention, suitable for both in-person and virtual settings, aimed at restoring balance between the Water and Fire elements – the Kidney and the Heart.
This course is approved by:
Don’t see your association, see the top bar or write to us
full of wonderful insights and new ways of thinking,
The course has been full of wonderful insights and new ways of thinking, and Alaine presents so clearly and held the space in the live classes with gentleness and great compassion – it is humbling to witness and learn from her example.
everything and more
This course was everything and more than I’ve been waiting for. I practice Acupuncture and Shiatsu and Tre. I had studied Polyvagal Theory as part of my training in Tre. There was a gap; meeting of East and West. A gap that my 20 or so years with working with survivors of abuse and trauma had intuited that a sense of relationship and safety was paramount. I felt as though I had pegs but needed a line from which they could hang.
this was that line. Inspirational and timely. A heartfelt thank you to Alaine, whose knowledge, skill and compassion was ever present throughout.
I was delighted
I was delighted with how much I learned from a somatic perspective. I loved how Alaine bridged the somatic awareness and presence into the treatments. I gained a lot of respect and trust in her work because of how she always brought the container of the class, and of treatments, back to safety.
This was an amazing course that I was able to apply immediately to my acupuncture practice. Alaine does a wonderful job of simplifying complex ideas into a way that is both easy to understand and applicable to any kind of healing profession (acupuncture, therapy, massage, etc.). I enjoyed the live sessions and the ability to practice these concepts with other people.
I highly recommend this course to anyone that works with stress, anxiety, and trauma. After almost a year of living in a pandemic (as of Feb 2021) it’s safe to say that having these skills for your patients or clients will make you a more effective practitioner.
Disclaimer | Before You Purchase
Accessing Your Course
After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.
The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.
To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.
We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.
Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.
Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.