Revolutionize Healing From Traumatic Stress: Integrating Chinese Medicine with Neurobiology
What you will learn
- Develop titrated treatment plans that unfold care at a manageable pace.
- Recognize trauma physiology in survivors and develop treatment plans that don’t overwhelm them.
- Interview trauma survivors using techniques that support accessing their core regulation and don’t require them to re-live their trauma.
- Discuss how PolyVagal Theory can inform the important role of healers in building safer neighbourhoods and communities.
- Compare and name the 5 Steps of the Self-Protective Response with the Five Elements of Chinese Medicine.
- Describe the Laws of the Tao, Yin and Yang, and the Five Elements in restoring balance and regulation in trauma survivors.
- Discuss the impact of incomplete protective responses on whole-body balance and regulation.
- Recognize the critical importance of our inner regulation as our primary tool when serving trauma survivors.
- Discuss approaches that build dynamic coherence between systems as foundational for working with trauma survivors.
This course explores acupuncture and Chinese medicine as the perfect modality for treating survivors of traumatic stress. Vibrational illness meets vibrational medicine!
Traumatic stress impacts every aspect of our mind-body-spirit. Its’ transformation requires approaches beyond language, trusting our body’s capacity to restore balance and regulation, and understanding symptoms as signs meant to guide a process that supports restoring core regulation and whole-body coherence.
We will integrate polyvagal theory with the Five Elements as our framework for exploring complex trauma, including:
- The critical importance of regulation in the Kidney/Heart axis as an expression of the relationship between the Dorsal and Ventral Vagus and the Water and Fire Elements.
- The long-term impact of a freeze response on the Earth and Fire Elements.
- Supporting the development of mobilization responses that protect and defend ourselves and others and are commensurate with the threat level in the Sympathetic Nervous System/Wood Element.
- An opportunity to witness and practice a simple yet powerful intervention that can be done in person or virtually to restore regulation between the Water and the Fire – the Kidney and the Heart.
Advances in the last 10-20 years in studying the neurobiology of traumatic stress have revolutionized mental health treatment for trauma spectrum disorders. Our patients will benefit when we integrate these modern, scientific understandings of the human response to threat into how we offer our needles, manage clinical interactions and interpret our client’s signs and symptoms.
Please read these important notes that relate to your registration
The maximum number of participants is 50, and the minimum is 15. That will ensure an optimum learning environment for you.
Please note: this course contains pre-recorded materials, and we do not offer refunds for our recorded online courses/webinars.
This course comprises four pre-recorded videos and two live training sessions. Live meetings will take place via Zoom and will include supervised training. Footage of the live meetings will be available for you to watch for up to 2 weeks after the end of the program. Pre-recorded videos will be available for you to watch in your account indefinitely.
Live training dates and times
Each session will run via Zoom for about 4 to 4.5 hours.
- The next and final cohort will have its live training on the
12th May 2023 at 10 am AM New-York | 16:00 Paris | 7 am Portland | 15:00 London
- The second live training will take place on the
2nd June 2023 at 10 am New-York | 16:00 Paris | 7 am Portland | 15:00 London
This course is approved by:
Don’t see your association, see the top bar or write to us
everything and more
This course was everything and more than I’ve been waiting for. I practice Acupuncture and Shiatsu and Tre. I had studied Polyvagal Theory as part of my training in Tre. There was a gap; meeting of East and West. A gap that my 20 or so years with working with survivors of abuse and trauma had intuited that a sense of relationship and safety was paramount. I felt as though I had pegs but needed a line from which they could hang.
this was that line. Inspirational and timely. A heartfelt thank you to Alaine, whose knowledge, skill and compassion was ever present throughout.
I was delighted
I was delighted with how much I learned from a somatic perspective. I loved how Alaine bridged the somatic awareness and presence into the treatments. I gained a lot of respect and trust in her work because of how she always brought the container of the class, and of treatments, back to safety.
This was an amazing course that I was able to apply immediately to my acupuncture practice. Alaine does a wonderful job of simplifying complex ideas into a way that is both easy to understand and applicable to any kind of healing profession (acupuncture, therapy, massage, etc.). I enjoyed the live sessions and the ability to practice these concepts with other people.
I highly recommend this course to anyone that works with stress, anxiety, and trauma. After almost a year of living in a pandemic (as of Feb 2021) it’s safe to say that having these skills for your patients or clients will make you a more effective practitioner.
Disclaimer | Before You Purchase
Accessing Your Course
After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.
The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.
To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.
We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.
Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.
Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.