Temperaments and Beliefs in Chinese Medicine
What you will learn
- Treat blocked temperaments with their psychological and pathological manifestations.
- Use effective acupuncture therapeutic protocols based on the 6 Temperaments.
- Understand the role of the Extraordinary vessels in life transitions and their psychological impacts.
- Identify the dialectical systems: 5 elements / 5 movements / 6 energies and the energetics of the 6 levels.
- Recognize the 6 “Temperaments” in their specific psycho-emotional profiles, belief patterns and “Behaviors”.
- Support your patients with treatments and exercises to change their habitual beliefs.
The “Temperament” or the habitual psycho-emotional expression of a person depends partly on the transmitted family inheritance and partly on post-natal conditioning.
The six basic “Temperaments” are represented by the “Six energy axis” or the channel systems, which constitute a bridge between the inner world “Microcosm” and the outer changes, the “Macrocosm” and define the basic responses and adaptations to outer events.
Constitutions and Temperaments have a major influence on “Belief” mechanisms and further influence the physiology as well as the pathology of a person. This understanding provides a key for freeing oneself from habitual mindsets and behaviours.
Choosing acupuncture strategies and points adapted to the temperament constitutes the art of treating a person rather than a disease.
In this course, we also cover important topics like the symbolism of the numbers 5 & 6 in the Chinese tradition.
This course is approved by:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Disclaimer | Before You Purchase
Accessing Your Course
After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.
The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.
To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.
We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.
Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.
Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.