Clinical Success in Treating Headaches
What you will learn
- Realise the importance of treating structures adjacent to the head in addressing headache.
- Understand TCM etiology and pathogenesis of headache.
- Differentiate TCM etiological factors by clinical manifestation.
- Implement standard points to treat headache according to 6 channels.
- Differentiate exterior pathogenic factors and their manifestations as they pertain to headaches, and distinguish interior disharmonies pertaining to headaches based on five-phase, zang-fu, and qi-blood-fluids pattern discrimination.
Headaches can be a debilitating affliction for patients and a vexing problem for clinicians. Using a synthesis of different approaches, such as Japanese Meridian Therapy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Extraordinary Vessels and auriculotherapy can enhance clinical success rates.
This acupuncture-focused course covers etiology, outline key differentiations in pattern identification, integrate five-phase root treatment with TCM pathomechanisms, present potent point combinations, and examine adjunctive techniques in treating a variety of headache types. Effective treatment protocols based on Extra Vessels are provided, allowing the participants a method that can be used immediately after the lecture.
Supplemental use of Chinese herbal medicine, such as patent teapills and formulas, will be included with each pattern, with insights into how they work, how to combine them when necessary, and simple ways to use them to support the acupuncture therapy.
This course is approved by:
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.