Acupuncture Odes and Songs
Taking this course, you will be able to
- Introduce the vital body of relevant acupuncture-related information contained in the rhymed acupuncture odes and songs
- Explore the historical consensus on acupuncture points which influence different regions of the body across four historical poems and one book
- Examine one of the most important songs, Ma Danyang’s Twelve Heavenly Star Points Song, in-depth, including variations between the four versions of the song and comparison to modern clinical point indications.
- Compare point indications given in five major Ming dynasty odes and songs by clinical areas (e.g. head/neck/face, ear, gastrointestinal, gynecological/Obstetrics) between the five poems and modern indications.
- Emphasise the utility of rhymed verse as an aid to memorisation using examples of different point categories such as the 15 Luo points, the 16 Xi-Cleft points, the 8 Meeting (Influential) points, 8 Confluent points for the eight extras, He-sea points, Yuan-Source points.
Teaching rhymes to assist the memorisation of information about acupuncture began in the Song Dynasty (7th Century AD/CE) and peaked during the Ming Dynasty (1368 to 1644 AD/CE). Some of these odes and songs were to help memorise information about acupuncture points, acupuncture needle techniques and clinically effective points for various symptoms and conditions.
In this course, the most famous odes and songs, mainly from the Ming Dynasty, will be covered, as well as some modern songs written with the same content and intent as the originals.
This will include the four versions of Ma Danyang’s Twelve Heavenly Star Points Song, along with an exploration of the current clinical relevance of these famous “top dozen” points. Acupuncture points used for different body regions will be explored from five poems, as well as point indications compared both between five Ming dynasty poems and modern indications.
This course is approved by:
See other CEU options at the top bar
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Disclaimer | Before You Purchase
Accessing Your Course
After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.
The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.
To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.
We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.
Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.
Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.