Treatment of Radiation Side Effects
This course takes you from the logic of the western medical intervention of radiotherapy into the differential diagnosis of its side effects by CM.
- This course is approved for credit of eLearning by NJUCM Ma/PhD online UK program, Shulan College
In this course, you will dive inside the pathology and the acupuncture strategies & points that can be used with patients undergoing radiotherapy treatments, especially for patients with head and neck cancer who are suffering from dry mouth.
The course is based on scientific research which provides evidence-based proofs for the effectiveness of treatment. In this course, we will look deeply into that research.
- Learn the differential diagnosis of Radiotherapy side effect in Chinese Medicine.
- Employ the most effective acupuncture treatments.
- Learn about the scientific research in the field of oncology acupuncture.
- Build your confidence when talking about acupuncture and acupuncture proofs based on research.
TCM.ac Evidence in Research handout – press the link to receive a pdf summary of relevant researches
please note: The course is fully produced. Tasks, quizzes and relevant links will be updated soon.
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1:26 hours
- Skill level Graduate
- Language English
- Students 36
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Treatment of Radiation Side Effects: Intro
Intro to course.
The Side Effects of Radiation in the View of Chinese Medicine
Evidence Based Medicine - Deeper look into Researches
Mouth Dryness - Westren View
Mouth Dryness - TCM View
Case of Dryness + Discussion on points
TCM View on the Effect of Radiation
More Prescription for Lack of Saliva and Weakness
Other Tips for Patients