Communication with Cancer Patients
Learn how to communicate with cancer patients and understand their emotions as they are being confronted with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Learn to acknowledge and understand the emotions of patients and aid them to better understand and process their disease and therefore better their quality of life.
Completing this course you will
- Recognize the emotions of patients and oneself.
- Learn the 5 stages of grief theory by Elizabeth Kübler-Ross.
- Avoid common communication mistakes by communicating in a more constructive way, both verbally and nonverbally.
- Employ the Principle of Hope.
- This course is approved for credit of eLearning by NJUCM Ma/PhD online UK program, Shulan College
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 8
- Duration 50 Min
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 52
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
In this section section you will learn to recognize and understand patients' emotions as they are being confronted with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Difficult… But Crucial
Communication can influence the ability of a patient to cope with their disease and therefore it can influence their quality of life.
There is a lot that can go wrong while talking to patients... yet therapists can do a lot of good things through simple good communication.
Communication with Cancer Patients Final Quiz
This section is intended to help you make sure you have captured the essence of the course.