Behind the Research: Functional MRI and Acupuncture
This course takes you step by step through this very interesting research; Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) changes and saliva production associated with acupuncture at LI-2 acupuncture point: a randomized controlled study.
This course includes an interview with Dr. Gary E. Deng | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center the leader of this very special research about the effectiveness and mechanism of action of acupuncture. And Dr. Maimon explains the research from the method until the conclusions. The course is concluded with a talk about Li 2 and the reasons it is so effective in xerostomia.
- Familiar yourself with this unique research.
- Gain deeper understanding of research in general and this one in particular.
- Root and validate your treatment and knowledge in high quality research.
- Confidently converse about Chinese Medicine affect in support of cancer treatments.
- Deepen your understanding of the mechanism of acupuncture.
This course qualifies for credit towards the Shu Lan College online MA/Phd program, approved by Nanjing University.
Whilst we are a pre-approved provider for NZASA, we cannot guarantee that ALL of our content will align with the NZASA CPD categories. It is advisable that you seek guidance from NZASA if you are unsure.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 37 Min
- Skill level 1 PDAs/CEUs
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Functional MRI and Acupuncture 9
A stroll through this fascinating research with insights from the researcher.
Functional MRI and Acupuncture - Final Exam 1