Liver from the Ground Up

This course provides a fresh look at the Liver in Chinese Medicine through the Chinese characters to reveal their meaning through readings text parts dealing with the Liver from Suwen 2, Suwen 4 and Suwen 8. These texts will illustrate the qualities of the organ.

Liver from the Ground Up

This is Part 1 of the complete course Zang-Fu: The Qualities and Movements of the Zangfu Organs

13 Lessons
See Curriculum
2:45 Hours On-Demand
Video
Comprehensive Handout
Texts & Translations
Certificate on Completion
CEU/PDA/CPD Apply

By taking this course, you will

• Develop a clearer understanding of the Liver based on the Huangdi Neijing.
  • Recognize how the Wood element resonates through time and space in the body.
  • Explore the specific terms used to describe the quality and actions of the Liver.
  • Grasp how the human body reflects the macrocosm of Heaven & Earth. 
  • Establish a deeper relationship with the body as a whole.

Course Overview

Explore key characters and phrases related to the Liver 肝 (Gan) to deepen your understanding of its function and dysfunction. Chinese medical terminology is a vital link to our interpretation of Chinese Medicine. 

This course provides a fresh look at the Liver in Chinese Medicine through the Chinese characters to reveal their meaning. 

Guided by Deborah Woolf Lic Ac, a keen acupuncturist and enthusiastic lecturer with over 15 years of experience, this course focuses on text parts dealing with the Liver from Suwen 2, Suwen 4 and Suwen 8. These texts will illustrate the qualities of the organ.

No previous knowledge of Chinese is necessary! But you will gain some.

This course is approved by:

See other CEU options at the top bar

Please Read
2.75 CPD
Learn More
3 AOM-OM
Learn More
3 Hours | Group 1

Course Reviews:

There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.

Submit Review:

Disclaimer | Before You Purchase

Accessing Your Course

After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.

The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.

To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.

Refund & Cancellation Policy

Please read the full details here (Click).

NCCAOM PDA Course Participant Attestation

By registering for this course, I agree to abide by the NCCAOM PDA Course Participant Attestation.

I understand that the information in this course presented by the Provider and/or Instructor(s) is for educational purposes only and should only be applied with appropriate clinical judgment and used by a trained and licensed
practitioner. Governmental laws and regulations vary from region to region and the contents of this course vary in permissible usage. The participant is required to check their local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding the practice requirements and scope of practice issues and the use of the information of this course including, but not limited to, theory, herbal medicine, and acupuncture. I acknowledge that NCCAOM does not endorse any specific treatment regimens of any kind. Furthermore, if I use any modalities or treatments taught in this course, I agree to waive, release, indemnify, discharge, and covenant not to sue NCCAOM from and against any liability, claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever, arising out of any injury, loss, or damage that a person may sustain related to the use of the information in this course. I understand that this Release is governed by the laws of District of Columbia, U.S.A. and shall survive the termination or expiration of this course.

Unlimited Access

Once purchased, we grant you a lifetime access license. See more on our Terms of Use page.

We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.

CEU/CPD/PDA

Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.

Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.

About the Teacher

Deborah Woolf, LicAc, MBAcC, MA

I am a crazy keen acupuncturist and super enthusiastic lecturer, who, by chance, have discovered and loved the cosmology and numerology inherent in Chinese Philosophy and Medicine. I was lucky to study at the International College of Oriental Medicine (ICOM), the oldest acupuncture college in the UK, which teaches all the acupuncture points, as well as philosophy and theory, based on Five Phases, wuxing 五行, and Stems and Branches, wuyun liuqi 五運六氣. My course was a 5 year long extravaganza, and I came out the other side, exhausted, changed and driven. Since then (more than 25 years ago) I have not stopped treating, teaching and studying: these three activities interact fruitfully with each other, allowing me to deepen my understanding and practice of this amazing approach to health, the body and the cosmos. As I am the daughter of academics I took what I was taught and read around the subjects, to immerse myself more fully in ancient Chinese culture. I continue my education in classical Chinese medicine and philosophy and have studied classical Chinese for over 20 years. I may not be able to ask for soup, but I can make a stab at translating very obscure classical Chinese texts! This immersion alongside reading, studying and teaching has allowed me to apply my ‘apprentice' style learning to my practice. I thoroughly appreciate and love what I do and am grateful daily for the opportunity to learn more and more and be able to help my patients and students ever more!

6 Courses

Not Enrolled

Course Includes

• 2:45 Hours Course Duration
  • Course Certificate
  • Course Credits

AACMA Image AACMA2.75 CPD's
    ACI Image ACICertificate
    AGTCM Image AGTCMCertificate
    NCCAOM Image NCCAOM3 CEU's
    Fachverband Image TCM FACHVERBAND3 Hours

For further infomation see the course description

Spring into Balance: A 30-Day Wood Element Exploration

Daily Insights into the Energetics of Spring – Transform Your Practice with the Wisdom of Wood