An Integrative Chinese Medicine Approach to IVF

Taking this course you will learn how to treat, confidently and with knowledge, women undergoing ART (Assisted Reproductive Techniques) focusing on IVF. Strengthen your understanding of female physiology and fertility. This course will teach you how to transfer western medicament and hormones into a Chinese Medicine vocabulary. 

An Integrative Chinese Medicine Approach to IVF

21 Lessons 
Included
2:40 hours 
On-Demand Video
13 Interactive
Quizzes
Certificate On Completion
CEU/CPD/PDA

What you will learn

• Confidently treat women undergoing fertility treatment and especially ART.
  • Know when are the best times to intervene and in which way.
  • Build professional knowledge and vocabulary and converse easily with WM practitioners and patients.
  • Differentiate the patterns that might relate to hormonal treatments.
  • Develop better treatment decisions according to changes in a woman’s physiology.

Course Overview

This course aims to strengthen your confidence as a Chinese medicine practitioner in dealing with women in general and women undergoing IVF.

Taking this course, you will learn how to treat, confidently and with knowledge, women undergoing ART (Assisted Reproductive Techniques) focusing on IVF. Strengthen your understanding of female physiology and fertility. This course will teach you how to transfer western medicament and hormones into a Chinese Medicine vocabulary. 

Preliminary Knowledge Needed

The course discusses women’s health and physiology and the use of acupuncture for various treatments. It is essential to have a good working knowledge of basic Chinese herbal medicine and female physiology, especially the four monthly phases; menstruation, the follicular phase, ovulation and the luteal phase.

This course is approved by:

Please Read
2.5 CPD
Learn More
5 PDAs AOM-OM
Learn More
2.5 PDA
Learn More
Group 1 | 5 hours

Course Reviews:

A very engaging course.

Rated 5.0 out of 5
February 22, 2021

A very engaging course. I enjoyed viewing a different perspective, it is clear Keren is passionate about her work. Many tips to put into practice. Thank you.

Yvette Haines

Unique and thought provoking treatment protocols

Rated 5.0 out of 5
February 10, 2021

This course is packed with valuable clinically relevant information. Unique and thought provoking treatment protocols and theories are introduced. Easy to listen to and follow along. Great experience!

Kayleen Walsh, L.Ac.

Clear explanation

Rated 5.0 out of 5
January 24, 2020

for me, this course is a new way to look at fertility problems. Clear explanation of what hormone supplication can cause, and how to treat that with acupuncture. Also the use of xi-cleft points was new to me.

Interesting course, I would recommend!

Madelen Vernooij

A real pleasure!

Rated 5.0 out of 5
December 26, 2019

A real pleasure! good understandable information, expertly delivered. Thought provoking and inspiring. Very practical knowledge to take away and put into practice. Thank you

Michaela Storer BA(Hons), Lic Ac, MBAcC

Thank you Keren

Rated 5.0 out of 5
December 26, 2019

Thank you Keren

Your course gave me some new ideas about pathology, acupuncture and herbal treatment. And I shall think about the open questions as well. Also, I enjoyed your way of teaching.

Hardya
Submit Review:

Disclaimer | Before You Purchase

Accessing Your Course

After the checkout, the course will be automatically added to your account, and unless otherwise specified, you can start learning immediately.

The course is always available for you if you have an internet connection.

To watch your course, log in. You can reach your courses from your account or the course page.
An easy way to find it is under “My Academy” => “My Courses” on the top bar.

Refund & Cancellation Policy

Please read the full details here (Click).

NCCAOM PDA Course Participant Attestation

By registering for this course, I agree to abide by the NCCAOM PDA Course Participant Attestation.

I understand that the information in this course presented by the Provider and/or Instructor(s) is for educational purposes only and should only be applied with appropriate clinical judgment and used by a trained and licensed
practitioner. Governmental laws and regulations vary from region to region and the contents of this course vary in permissible usage. The participant is required to check their local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding the practice requirements and scope of practice issues and the use of the information of this course including, but not limited to, theory, herbal medicine, and acupuncture. I acknowledge that NCCAOM does not endorse any specific treatment regimens of any kind. Furthermore, if I use any modalities or treatments taught in this course, I agree to waive, release, indemnify, discharge, and covenant not to sue NCCAOM from and against any liability, claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever, arising out of any injury, loss, or damage that a person may sustain related to the use of the information in this course. I understand that this Release is governed by the laws of District of Columbia, U.S.A. and shall survive the termination or expiration of this course.

Unlimited Access

Once purchased, we grant you a lifetime access license. See more on our Terms of Use page.

We encourage you to return to courses as learning continues; in each view, we learn and understand new things.

CEU/CPD/PDA

Unless otherwise stated, CEU/PDA/CPD requirements must be completed within 1 year of the purchase. You are advised to print and save your certificate for your records and under your association requirements.

Dimploamtes of NCCAOM & Floridas members need to fill in a form after completing their courses for us to submit the points. CAB & Fachverband members need to write to us an email upon completing their courses to get the required documents. Look for our email after the completion of the course.

Downloads

List of important terms

Please make sure you are familiar with terms in this file before starting the course. You can also print the file for personal use along the course.

Course Content

Expand All

About the Teacher

Keren Sela

Keren is a graduate of the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco and has been in practice since 1999. She is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in the state of California and a registered NCCAOM practitioner. Keren specialized in woman's disorders in the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Keren headed and managed in the Unit of Complementary Medicine in the Fertility Research Center of the Tel Aviv Sourasky Hospital for 14 years, Her retrospective study on Chinese Medicine and medicated IUI, research conducted at the hospital, was published in "European Journal of Integrative Medicine". Keren teaches a yearly post graduate gynecology course, and has a private practice specializing in gynecology and infertility. She frequently lectures in many symposiums both in Israel and abroad. She is a co – author of the "Clinical Handbook of TCM Gynecology and Obstetrics" (in Hebrew) ,“ Li Shi Zhen’s Pulse Book” (in Hebrew) and has co-written the chapter “Slippery Fetus”: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss in Traditional Chinese Medicine published in the second edition of the book “Recurrent Pregnancy Loss - Causes, Controversies, and Treatment Edited by Howard J. A. Carp, MB BS, FRCOG Clinical Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical

3 Courses

Not Enrolled

Course Includes

• 2:40 Hours Course Duration
  • Course Certificate
  • Course Credits

AACMA Image AACMA2.5 CPD's
    ACI Image ACICertificate
    AGTCM Image AGTCMCertificate
    Florida Image FLORIDA2.5 CEU's
    NCCAOM Image NCCAOM5 CEU's
    Fachverband Image TCM FACHVERBAND5 Hours

For further infomation see the course description

Spring into Balance: A 30-Day Wood Element Exploration

Daily Insights into the Energetics of Spring – Transform Your Practice with the Wisdom of Wood