Spirit Gate: Opening to the Psycho-Spiritual Potential of Acupuncture Points

Lorie Dechar introduces participants to practices and tools that can transform acupuncture points from activated sensitized areas on the physical body to gateways that open us to the soul and spirit. She discusses the use of needles, essential oils, flower essences and intention as well as the attitude and understanding necessary to engage patients at the subtle level of their psyches.

Spirit Gate: Opening to the Psycho-Spiritual Potential of Acupuncture Points

The speaker and us are delighted to offer this free version of the course for the learning purposes. This free version does not include a certificate or CEUs. If you wish to receive a certificate and CEUs, consider our paid version available here. (Link)

100% Online
1:30 hours 
On-Demand Video
Certificate & CEUs + Handout
with the paid version (Link)

What will you learn

• Activate the emotional and psychological potential of acupuncture points through different practices, tools, and skills.
  • Value the importance and essential integrity of spirit points to the practice of Chinese medicine. 
  • Review basic TCM trauma theory. 
  • Deepen the understanding of Heart 7 – Shen Men – Spirit Gate as a primary support for the treatment of anxiety, depersonalization, PTSD, and trauma as well as boundary violation and intimacy issues. 

Course Overview

Drawing on the material presented in her most recent book, Kigo: Exploring the Spiritual Essence of Acupuncture Points Through the Changing Seasons, Lorie introduces participants to practices and tools that can transform acupuncture points from activated sensitized areas on the physical body to gateways that open us to the soul and spirit.

She discusses the use of needles, essential oils, flower essences and intention as well as the attitude and understanding necessary to engage patients at the subtle level of their psyches.

In recognition of the immediate health and cultural challenges of our time, Lorie will focus on the issue of trauma and discuss in depth the particular healing potency of Heart 7 – Shen Men – Spirit Gate.

This course is approved by:

Learn More
1.5 Hours
Learn More
1.5 CEUs/PDAs
Read First
1.5 CPD

Course Reviews:

Opening Insight

Rated 5.0 out of 5
August 15, 2023

Deep Heart connection

Opening Insight

theo barroqueiro

VERY revealing course

Rated 5.0 out of 5
December 1, 2020

Thank you so so so much! It has been a VERY revealing course for me, I felt this connection with Chinese medicine for a long time and it made me very good to see it in someone with more experience and wisdom. I will share this knowledge with my students and treasure it in my heart. Thank you very much!!!!

Marina García

wonderful teaching

Rated 5.0 out of 5
November 18, 2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful teaching. I held onto every word.

The reminder that “time is urgent, so let’s slow down” especially 🙂 I’ve been practicing that since, and will continue to.

Angela Assad

excellent presentation

Rated 5.0 out of 5
November 17, 2020

Thanks for letting me attend this excellent presentation. I too studied with JR Worseley in the 1970s so it was quite nostalgic.

One striking aspect of the talk is the following: at the start Lorie looked pleasant but unremarkable. By the time the talk ended she looked vibrant and glowing as if lit by a light from within, it was quite remarkable.

I am so glad the talk is available to watch again,

best wishes, Elizabeth

Elizabeth Christie

just amazing ❤

Rated 5.0 out of 5
November 15, 2020

This lecture was just amazing ❤ thank you for sharing your Light and expertise and for being so inspiring! ????

Victoria Richardson
Submit Review:

About the Teacher

Not Enrolled

Course Includes

• Course Credits

No points available for this course

For further infomation see the course description

Spring into Balance: A 30-Day Wood Element Exploration

Daily Insights into the Energetics of Spring – Transform Your Practice with the Wisdom of Wood